Thursday, May 28, 2015

SYD VICIOUS VS HEARTLESS: MY FIRST BATTLE!

This was my very first battle! I had NO IDEA what I was getting myself into, lol! I was invited to Orlando, Florida to spectate at my first event, Grizzlemania. During an event on the day before the battle, I was asked to spit a "Freestyle" for the big homie Lush One  for his youtube page. I quickly rambled off the first verse I could think of at the time which ended up getting a great response live and online after the video was posted. Due to the response, I was invited by Lush One to battle at his upcoming event, Battle of the Bay 5. I had never been to California before so of course I accepted and began writing and preparing for a turning point in my career. No one new who I was...you can tell in my first round, lol. It took a good 8 to 10 bars to warm them up. After my second, there was no turning back! After the battle just about everyone, including all of SONS agreed that I had beaten Heartless at the event. When the video was released on Youtube however, the general consensus was that Heartless had taken the battle 2-1. Let me know what you think in the comments below!



No comments:

Post a Comment